Share this page with your friends and family using these popular social netowrks, by email, or just using the link the the box below.
Low-Fat High Fiber Blueberry Bran Muffins
These fiber-filled muffins are moist and delicious. If you don't have blueberries on hand, try adding strawberries or raspberries!
1 1/2 cups wheat bran (I used oat bran)
1 cup nonfat milk
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2/3 cup brown sugar (I used 1/2 cup)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup blueberries (I added a chopped apple.)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grease muffin cups or use paper muffin liners.
3. Mix together wheat bran and milk, and let stand for 10 minutes. (I didn't do this and muffins turned out fine.).
4. In a large bowl, mix together applesauce, egg, brown sugar, and vanilla.
5. Beat in bran mixture.
6. Sift together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
7. Stir into bran mixture until just blended. Fold in blueberries.
8. Scoop into muffin cups.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly tapped.
Nov 10th 2013
Great recipe. If you don't have blueberries it also works well with raisins, raspberries, or even chocolate chips!