Share this page with your friends and family using these popular social netowrks, by email, or just using the link the the box below.
Quinoa With Mushrooms, Kale, and Sweet Potatoes
1 cup quinoa
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 small sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
10 ounces button mushrooms, quartered
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 bunch kale, stems discarded and leaves torn into 2-inch pieces
3/4 cup dry white wine
kosher salt and black pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
1. Place the quinoa and 2 cups water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
3. Add the sweet potatoes and mushrooms and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden and beginning to soften, 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the kale, wine, teaspoon salt, and teaspoon pepper. Cook, tossing often, until the vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Serve the vegetables over the quinoa and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
Nov 10th 2013
What a great fall meal. The earthiness of the sweet potatoes and the mushrooms give it a lot of substance. This will definitely fill you up on a chilly fall day!